In early April, over 160 elementary school students become McGill students for a day!
- What happens during My Day @ McGill?
- Our Partners
- My Day @ McGill in the Press
- Questions? Want to get involved?
What happens during My Day @ McGill?
Over 160 elementary students attend McGill University for workshops and activities. My Day @ McGill takes place once a year in early April and spans two full days.
This unique initiative is part of a partnership between Branches and local school boards, encouraging academic engagement and acting as a bridge between McGill and the larger Montréal community. Many students are already part of Homework Zone, an after-school mentorship program connecting McGill students with students to support learning, healthy relationships and socio-emotional development.
My Day @ McGill 2020 will be on April 8 & 9!
My Day @ McGill is a collaborative effort between various McGill departments and many students, staff, and faculty have worked to make this a memorable day for all elementary school students involved. We would like to extend a HUGE thank you to all of our partners!
- The Meighen Fund
- McGill Enrolment Services
- The McGill Bookstore
- Kahnawa:ke Education Center
- The Lester B. Pearson School Board
- English Montreal School Board
- New Frontiers School Board
- Homework Zone
- Broad Science Podcast
- McGill Library
- McGill's Faculty of Engineering
- McGill's Department of Chemistry
- McGill's Astrophysics and Cosmology Group
- The First People’s House
- Engineering Undergraduate Society’s Frostbite
- McGill Robotics
- M-SERT (McGill Student Emergency Response Team)
- The Engineering Undergraduate Society
- Medicine Students Community Outreach Projects
- All the amazing volunteers who have dedicated their time to be part of the days
Questions? Want to get involved?
For questions about My Day @ McGill or to find out how your department or unit can get involved, contact our Community Engagement Coordinator Anurag Dhir at anurag.dhir [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-3745