Bookstore Textbook Rental – Right off the shelves
- Books available for rent will have an orange sticker on the side and a sign on the shelf. No sign and no sticker means that the book is not available for rent. There are limited numbers of books available for rent.
- If you find an eligible book, grab a copy and go to the Textbook rental desk located on the 3rd floor of the bookstore. Carefully read and fill out a rental agreement. You must have a valid McGill student I. D. card as well as a picture I. D. to rent a textbook
- Bring the book and your confirmation number to the cash located next to the textbook buyback desk.
- The cashier will process your transaction.
- Sign the cash receipt (which is also the rental contract).
- Study hard.
- Return the book to the bookstore before the due date (which appears on your receipt). You will receive reminder email when the book is due back. Please keep in mind that late returns will not be accepted under any circumstances.