Consultation on the Selection of a Provost
The Advisory Committee for the Selection of a Provost is interested in hearing the views of members of the University community to help guide the advisory process. The Committee will be holding face-to-face consultations over the next several weeks.
The faculty, staff and students of McGill University are invited to meet with the Committee:
- Thursday, May 8, 2014, 11 a.m.-12 p.m., Room 13 of the McConnell Engineering Building
- Friday, May 23, 2014, 11 a.m.-12 p.m., Room 13 of the McConnell Engineering Building
- Monday, May 26, 2014, 10:30-11:30 a.m., Faculty Lounge of the Macdonald-Stewart Building on Macdonald Campus
The Advisory Committee is interested in whatever comments you care to make, but particularly would welcome your views regarding the following three questions:
- Do the existing summary of the Role and Responsibilities of the Provost* and Position Profile (from 2005)* adequately describe the position of Provost for the coming 5-10 years? If not, what changes should be considered?
- What are the opportunities, challenges, issues, and priorities facing the University and the Provost over the next 5-10 years?
- What are the required and desirable qualifications and experience, characteristics, and leadership skills that candidates for the position of Provost should possess?
*For reference, please visit https://www.mcgill.ca/secretariat/advisory/provost.
The Committee also invites you to submit any input and advice in writing. Please address your correspondence to Principal Suzanne Fortier in confidence, by campus mail, care of the Secretary General, or by email to advisory [dot] principal [at] mcgill [dot] ca.