As the pandemic continues, it goes without saying that many of us are struggling with our mental health due to the multitude of ramifications that has since ensued. We are not alone!
The Quebec government has created a couple of guides and a digital self-management tool that may prove to be beneficial. There are also hotlines, non-profit organizations, and resources that may be helpful.
Here is a list of available Resources:
- McGill Student Wellness Hub: https://www.mcgill.ca/wellness-hub/get-support/remote-and-person-workshops-groups
- Guide for Students in Distress: download PDF
- For Faculty and staff, we also have access to the University’s EFAP, more information can be found here: https://www.mcgill.ca/hr/benefits/eap
- Protecting your well-being in the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Getting better my way (digital tool):
- Mental health- Guide #1:
- Mental health while at home - Guide #2:
- Child’s mental health – Guide # 3:
Telephone Hotlines for People in Distress
|Quebec Info Sante/Info Social (Available 24/7)||811 (Option 2)||https://santemontreal.qc.ca/en/public/support-and-services/info-sante-and-info-social-811/|
|Tel-Aide (Available 24/7)||514-935-1101||http://www.telaide.org/en/|
|Écoute Entraide (8am - 10pm 7/7)||514-278-2130 or 1-855-365-4463||https://www.ecoute-entraide.org/|
|Centre D'écoute de Laval (24/7)||450-664-2787 or 1-888-664-1558||https://www.centredecoute.com/notre-organisme/|
|Crisis Services Canada (24/7)||450-664-2787 or 1-888-664-1558||https://www.crisisservicescanada.ca/en/looking-for-local-resources-support/|
Non-Profit and Other Organizations:
- Ami-Quebec: Is a non-profit organization that offers free services that helps families manage the effects of mental illness through support, education, guidance and advocacy. You can find a number of resources on their website. Ami-Quebec have an upcoming workshop on “ot Topics: Managing Anxiety”on December 10th from 7:00pm – 8:15pm. You can RSVP on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1238248476541897/
- Vent Over Tea: Is a non-profit that offers free and confidential active listening services by volunteer listeners, to all members of the local community to promote mental wellness and connection.
- Revivre: Is a non-profit devoted to those affected by anxiety, depression or bipolar disorders, they are also dedicated to providing information on anxiety and mood disorders. They offer workshops and virtual support groups.
- The Montreal Therapy Centre: Offers a sliding scale fee structure for individual, couple, art and drama therapy. They as well have a number of articles and self-help worksheets available on their website.