Ph.D. Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
M.Sc. Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Teaching office: McConnell Engineering Building
Research lab: 141 du Président-Kennedy Avenue, 5th floor.
natalie.reznikov [at] mcgill.ca (e-mail)
- Structural water and its role in the architecture and mechanical behavior of natural and engineered materials
- Pre-stress in natural materials, and its implementation in biomimetic materials
- Structure-function relationships in living organisms (animals and plants)
- 3D-imaging, and deep learning in image processing
- BIEN 200: Introduction to Bioengineering
- BIEN 219: Introduction to Physical Molecular and Cell Biology
- BIEN 535: Electron Microscopy and 3D Imaging for Biological Materials
A full list of publications can be found here
1. McKee MD, Buss DJ, Reznikov N.
Mineral tessellation in bone and the stenciling principle for extracellular matrix mineralization
J Struct Biol, 2022, 214(1):107823 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsb.2021.107823
2. Reznikov N, Liang H, McKee MD, Piché N.
Mapping of trabecular bone anisotropy and volume fraction in 3D using µCT images of the human calcaneus
Am J Biol Anthrop, 2022, 177 (3), 566-580 https://doi.org/10.1002/ajpa.24474
3. Buss DJ, Kroeger R, McKee MD, Reznikov N.
Hierarchical organization of bone in three dimensions: A twist of twists
J Struct Biol: X, 2022(6):100057 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yjsbx.2021.100057
4. Alsheghri A*, Reznikov N*, Piché N, Gendron M, Tamimi Marino F, Song J.
Optimization of 3D network topology for bioinspired design of stiff and lightweight bone-like structures
Mat Sci Eng: C, 2021, 112010 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msec.2021.112010 * equally contributing authors.
5. Reznikov N, Buss DJ, Provencher B, McKee MD, Piché N.
Deep learning and 3D imaging in structural biology. Review
J Struct Biol, 2020: 107598 (invited from conference selection, special issue) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsb.2020.107598
6. Buss DJ, Reznikov N, McKee MD.
Crossfibrillar mineral tessellation in normal and Hyp mouse bone as revealed by 3D FIB-SEM microscopy
J Struct Biol, 2020: 108603 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsb.2020.107603
7. Reznikov N, Hoac B, Buss DJ, Addison WN, Barros NMT, McKee MD.
Biological stenciling of mineralization in the skeleton: Local enzymatic removal of inhibitors in the extracellular matrix.
Bone, 2020 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bone.2020.115447 (cover article)
8. Reznikov N, Rechav K.
FIB-SEM dual-beam microscopy for three-dimensional ultrastructural imaging of skeletal tissues. Methodological insert in Comparative skeletal histology and paleohistology. Editors : A. de Ricqlès, L. Zylberberg, K. Padian and V. de Buffrénil
CRC Press (Francis and Taylor Group) https://doi.org/10.1201/9781351189590
9. Reznikov N, Boughton O, Ghouse S, Blunn G, Weston A, Collinson L, Jeffers J, Cobb J, Stevens M.
Individual response variations in scaffold-guided bone regeneration are determined by independent strain- and injury-induced mechanisms
Biomaterials, 2019, 194: 183-194. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biomaterials.2018.11.026
10. Reznikov N, Bilton M, Lari L, Stevens MM, Kroeger R.
Fractal-like hierarchical organization of bone begins at the atomic level
Science, 2018, 360: eaao2189. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aao2189