Can’t get into a BIOC course?
If you are not a BIOC student and REQUIRE a BIOC course, this excludes COMPLEMENTARY courses, please send an email to undergrad [dot] biochem [at] mcgill [dot] ca, including your name and ID number, and we will verify your records and a permit will be issued the same day for you to register.
PLEASE NOTE: You MUST have ALL prerequisites to take any BIOC course.
Currently, the Department of Biochemistry dispenses the following undergraduate courses:
- BIOC 212 Molecular Mechanisms of Cell Function
- BIOC 300D1 Laboratory in Biochemistry (1, 2)
- BIOC 311 Metabolic Biochemistry
- BIOC 312 Biochemistry of Macromolecules
- BIOC 396 Undergraduate Research Project
- BIOC 404 Biophysical chemistry
- BIOC 450 Protein Structure and Function
- BIOC 454 Nucleic Acids
- BIOC 458 Membranes and cellular signaling
- BIOC 462 Research Laboratory in Biochemistry
- BIOC 491 Independant Research
- BIOC 503 Immunochemistry
- BIOC 570 Biochemistry of Lipoproteins
Statement on Academic Integrity
"No student shall, with intent to deceive, represent the work of another person as his or her own in any academic writing, essay, thesis, research report, project or assignment submitted in a course or program of study or represent as his or her own an entire essay or work of another, whether the material so represented constitutes a part or the entirety of the work submitted."