The McConnell Brain Imaging Centre is recruiting a System Manager for its MEG Core Program.
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University
The MEG Core Program at the McConnell Brain Imaging Centre of the world renown Montreal Neurological Institute (MNI) is recruiting a System Manager to accompany the growth of its user community. Working under the supervision of the Program’s Scientific Director (Prof Sylvain Baillet), the MEG System Manager plays a key, multidisciplinary role in the efficient operation and development of the MEG Program, with a large palette of missions and objectives, including the:
- management of day-to-day operations of the MEG system, including maintenance, upgrades and procurement of new devices and services
- implementation of experimental paradigms and quality control
- assistance for investigators with data collection and troubleshooting
- advanced analysis of MEG data on specific projects
- participation in software development solutions (Brainstorm)
- organization of training programs for MEG data collection and analysis
- writing of technical documentation, and contributions to research reports and grant applications
- dissemination of knowledge and technical developments, including participation in conferences, social media and web activities of the MEG Program
- contribution to strategic planning of the MEG core facility.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative individual who is passionate about academic collaborative research, education and knowledge transfer between people and disciplines. The ideal candidate will have received a MSc or PhD in biomedical engineering, computer science or similar disciplines, with experience in MEG operations and data analysis. Specific training will be provided upon recruitment. Coding skills in Matlab are mandatory, Python is a plus. Experience with data management is another plus.
Interested candidates need to send a CV and 2 to 3 references to sylvain.baillet [at] mcgill.ca (subject: MEG%20System%20Manager%20Position) (Prof Sylvain Baillet).
The position is available immediately and applications will be reviewed as they are being received. McGill offers competitive salary conditions and unique benefits.
The MEG Program is a core resource of the McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, one of the largest, multimodal brain imaging centres worldwide (23 Principal Investigators, 150 trainees; MRI, MEG, PET and informatics). The Montreal Neurological Institute is an international flagship of neuroscience research, from genes to cognition, with an emphasis on diseases and syndromes. We are located on the main, downtown campus of McGill University, in the heart of Montreal. McGill is a top-100 research intensive institution, with a very international student body and faculty, and is a top Montreal employer offering great benefits. Montreal is a very cosmopolitan, bilingual metropolis that regularly tops international rankings for livability, quality of life, and opportunities for culture, food and fun. It also tops the number of students per capita in North America.