- Undergraduate degree and any additional academic qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of reference
- Application fee
Undergraduate degree and any additional academic qualifications
- Please upload your complete record of study from each university-level institution you have attended to-date and listed on your application.
- Unofficial transcripts must include all courses and grades for each year attended.
- For those universities or institutions from which a degree has been obtained, but the year is not stated on the transcripts, we require a copy of the actual diploma to be uploaded in addition to the transcripts.
- McGill transcripts do not need to be uploaded.
- Transcripts in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by a certified English or French translation.
- Applicants admitted to the program will be required to provide a signed and sealed official transcript from each school attended.
After the decision deadline, all admitted students will receive further mailing instructions on where to send these materials.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please prepare a CV that includes:
- Your employment history, if any, in reverse chronological order;
- your title
- dates of employment
- whether you worked part-time or full-time, or as an intern.
- Your educational record should also be in reverse chronological order and should indicate;
- dates of attendance
- degrees earned.
- We welcome and encourage the submission of any other relevant information.
- If your educational background doesn’t demonstrate any quantitative skills, we ask you that you highlight and include;
- relevant course work
- core competencies
- short student or professional summary.
- The CV should be no more than one page.
Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
All applicants—except those with a graduate or undergraduate degree from any Canadian or US University—must complete the GMAT or GRE. When registering for a test, please request that the results be sent directly to McGill University:
- GMAT Institution Code: 58H-LH-04
- GRE Institution Code: 0935
* Please note that some GMAT and GRE application centers remain closed due to public health concerns regarding COVID-19. Therefore, we are accepting the results of the online version of these exams.
Statement of Purpose
Please complete the following questions in essay form on uApply:
- Explain how the Bensadoun School’s Master of Management in Retailing program will help you achieve your (short and long term) professional goals (minimum 250 words; maximum 500 words).
- Bensadoun School of Retail Management is an institution that never stops looking and moving ahead, pioneering the next way forward with technology, business, retail and research to answer questions big and small. Personally or professionally, in what way have you been a pioneer? (minimum 250 words; maximum 350 words).
Letters of reference
- Candidates must provide two letters of reference from individuals who have been directly responsible for evaluating their performance and potential.
- On the application form, you must provide the names and email addresses of two referees who can evaluate your abilities.
- You may send this recommendation form to referees for completion, or the referees may choose to write their own recommendation letters.
- Once your application has been submitted, McGill will contact these referees directly and ask them to upload their references.
Note: Referees may upload a reference letter as a PDF or Word document. It is the candidate's responsibility to ensure that referees submit their recommendations in a timely manner.