Applying to the MMR Program
You are about to make the best decision for your career! The McGill-Bensadoun Master of Management in Retailing degree is designed for high-achieving, ambitious retail professionals and students interested in a future career in retail.
The MMR is designed for recent graduates with a Bachelor of Arts, Commerce, Economics, Engineering, or Science degree and with proven quantitative skills.
There are three complementary types of students for the program:
Students with an undergraduate degree in any discipline who
- have specific professional retail experience
- are interested in learning new skills to level up their retail career
- wish to transition into another aspect of the retail business (i.e. from store manager to retail strategy analyst)
Students with an undergraduate degree in a related discipline such as engineering, computer science, statistics) who
- have the technical skills
- are interested in learning the retail business combined with leadership skills
Students with an undergraduate degree in any discipline with:
- a strong interest in the emerging field of retail
- a strong interest in some analytical and computer acumen.
- Prospective students can apply during the final year of their bachelor’s degree studies.
- Admission would be conditional upon obtaining their bachelor’s degree prior to the start of the program.
- Students with a three-year bachelor's degree from an international university are also eligible to apply.
- International students can determine the equivalency of their degrees
The MMR is a pre-experience program, therefore no prior work experience is required. Preference will be given to candidates with retail experience, although it is not required.
Applications are open. Applications deadlines:
- October 31, 2020
- December 15, 2020
- Final deadline for international students: March 15, 2021
- Final deadline for Canadian citizens and Permanent residents: May 15, 2021
Please consult our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)