Applying to the MMR Program
You are about to make the best decision for your career! The McGill-Bensadoun Master of Management in Retailing degree is designed for high-achieving, ambitious retail professionals and students interested in a future career in retail.
The MMR is designed for recent graduates with a Bachelor of Arts, Commerce, Economics, Engineering, or Science degree and with proven quantitative skills.
There are three complementary types of students for the program:
Students with an undergraduate degree in any discipline who
- have specific professional retail experience
- are interested in learning new skills to level up their retail career
- wish to transition into another aspect of the retail business (i.e. from store manager to retail strategy analyst)
Students with an undergraduate degree in a related discipline such as engineering, computer science, statistics) who
- have the technical skills
- are interested in learning the retail business combined with leadership skills
Students with an undergraduate degree in any discipline with:
- a strong interest in the emerging field of retail
- a strong interest in some analytical and computer acumen.
- Prospective students can apply during the final year of their bachelor’s degree studies.
- Admission would be conditional upon obtaining their bachelor’s degree prior to the start of the program.
- Students with a three-year bachelor's degree from an international university are also eligible to apply.
- International students can determine the equivalency of their degrees
The MMR is a pre-experience program, therefore no prior work experience is required. Preference will be given to candidates with retail experience, although it is not required.
Admissions for the 2023 cohort are open. Please note the MMR program offers fall term admissions only.
- October 31, 2022
(First application deadline)
- December 15, 2022
(Second application deadline)
- March 15, 2023
(Final deadline for international students)
- May 15, 2023
(Final deadline for Canadian citizens and Permanent residents)
In order to be considered for a specific deadline, ensure that your file is complete.
Please consult our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)