The Schull Yang International Experience Award, supported by Joseph Schull (BA ‘82, MA ’85) and Anna Yang (BCL , LLB ’88), helps students gain first hand international experience related to their fields of study. The award is meant to provide partial funding to assist students with travel and other expenses related to their international experience. The Schull Yang International Experience Award for Advanced Study is part of the McGill International Experience Awards initiative. For more information, click here.
The award is tenable for one year and is valued between $10,000 and $13,000 CAD.
This award cannot be held in conjunction with any other scholarship or award. Graduate students may hold it in conjunction with research grant funding.
Holders must devote the year of tenure to advanced study in a university outside of North America.
Open to all full-time McGill Arts graduate students and to all undergraduate students in their final year of study.
How to apply:
The deadline for receipt of complete applications, whether from graduate or undergraduate students, is March 29th, 2018. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure their application is complete by the deadline. Students should submit Items 1-4 of the application package in hard copy to The Schull Yang International Experience Award Committee (Arts Travel) Leacock Building, Room 307.
A complete application package includes:
1. A detailed and comprehensive statement of the applicant's proposed course of study including the reasons for the choice of topic and for the choice of institution or centre at which he or she proposes to study;
2. An official McGill transcript;
3. A statement indicating other sources of funding acquired or possibly available to the applicant.
(for graduate students only)
4. Applicant’s contact information (e-mail address, telephone number and mailing address)
5. Two (2) letters of reference from referees who are familiar with the applicant's work. These letters should stress the academic and scholarly qualities that make the individual applicant outstanding in comparison with other students. They should be addressed to: The Schull Yang International Experience Award Committee (Arts Travel) , Leacock Building, Room 307. Referees may submit their letter in hard copy or email them to Anne Turner.
** CGPA OF 3.50 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED
** STUDENTS MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR AN INTERVIEW IN EARLY MAY
For more information, please contact Anne Turner, Faculty of Arts Internship Office, 514-398-2916 or by anne.turner [at] mcgill.ca (email).
Find out more:
McGill International Experience Annual Event
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017
4:30 – 5:30 pm