Prospective Research Trainees

I will be coming to McGill as a Research Trainee

Find out more about the enrolment process for research trainees at McGill:

Research trainees who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents must meet the criteria for a work permit or for a work permit exemption. For a description of possible immigration categories for research trainees, please refer to the Immigration Guidelines for Foreign Nationals.

Both you and your host professor will need to fill out the PDF icon Request for Immigration Assessment and submit the requested documents to the department’s administrator.

Last updated: 2017-09-28