Grant application procedures
All grant applications must be submitted with a completed, signed OSR checklist, available here. The checklist must be signed first by the researcher, then by the chair/director, and finally by the Associate Dean (Research). Please make sure that the OSR Checklist clearly identifies the investigator, the agency, and the program. If you are a co-applicant on a SSHRC Insight Grant or on any FQRSC grant, you do not need to have a checklist signed at the time of application.
At least 24 hours before the internal OSR deadline, please email //mcgill.ca/arts/jim.engle-warnick [at] mcgill.ca">jim.engle-warnick [at] mcgill.ca a complete electronic copy of your grant application. This does not need to be the final version, but it should be very close to completion; in particular, the budget should be finalized. The ADR cannot sign your OSR checklist without having seen the grant proposal.
At least 24 hours before the internal OSR deadline, please provide us with a completed OSR checklist signed by both the researcher and his/her chair. You can provide this checklist to us in any of three ways. In order of preference, these are:
- Via email, to the email addresses above, signed with electronic signatures
- Via email, to the email addresses above, signed and scanned
- In hard copy and signed, to Dawson Hall 213 during regular business hours
If you are emailing us the OSR checklist, please send it and your grant proposal to us in the same email.
In every case, we will submit your signed checklist directly to OSR after the ADR signs it. You no longer need to come pick it up from us.
For information on the services provided to researchers by the OSR click here.
McGill research services
External research services
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)/ Conseil de recherches en sciences humaines (CRSH)
- Fonds québecois de la recherche sur la culture et la société
- Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) / Fondation canadienne pour l’innovation (FCI)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)/ Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada (IRSC)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)/ Conseil de recherches en sciences naturelles et en génie du Canada (CRSNG)