All our undergraduates come to McGill already having accomplished great things—and their University experience helps them continue to explore their incredible potential. Outstanding undergraduate student achievements from the past year include:
- Immunology student Sarah McCuaig becomes McGill’s 134th Rhodes Scholar.
- Medical student Adam Hart wins the FORCES AVENIR Undergraduate Personality Award, which “recognizes honour and promote the commitment of young people” in socially conscious community-building endeavours. Hart hopes to combine his engineering background and his training in medicine to invent orthopedic devices.
- Bryn Patrick Wiley, Piano Performance, Schulich School of Music, is one of eight young performing artists to earn a $10,000 grant from the Hnatyshyn Foundation. The 18 year-old native of Calgary, Alberta received the Ottawa-based Foundation’s classical piano grant.
- McGill University football senior Alexander Hutchison, Faculty of Education, wins a Montreal Alouettes bursary for his outstanding football performance through the Quebec Foundation for Athletic Excellence.
- Eve-Lynne Kyle wins one of 17 $10,000 scholarships from the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
- Desautels MBA and BCom students visit Russia as part of the faculty’s annual Hot Cities of the World Tour. They use a social media campaign to raise funds for the Kitezh Children’s Community, a charity helping orphans lead independent, productive lives. Their efforts earn a gold medal at the 2012 Canadian Council for the Advancement of Education (CCAE) Prix d’Excellence.
- Krystina Marcoux, Schulich School of Music, wins First Prize in the Percussion category, the prize for Best Interpretation of a Canadian work, at the 2012 OSM Standard Life Competition.