More than 150 volunteers needed!
The annual congress of the Association francophone du savoir (Acfas) is the largest multidisciplinary research event in the Francophonie and McGill is proud to be hosting it this year. From May 8-12, some 6,000 participants from Quebec, Canada and abroad will descend on lower campus to take part in more than 200 colloquia and hundreds of oral and poster presentations. Participants are primarily researchers, but also include grad students and post docs. In order to guarantee its success, we will need your help. In return, get a free pass to the Congress!
Are you interested?
Please fill out this online form before March 31st.
Volunteers will be needed to help with:
- Installing our way-finding signage
- Greeting congress goers at our many info desks
- Assisting in logistics coordination of the myriad research and social activities, as well as those open to the general public
What are we looking for?
- French speakers*
- Basic knowledge of McGill’s lower campus
- Enthusiasm and a welcoming spirit!
How can you participate?
In exchange of 8 hours of work, volunteers will get a free registration to the Congress.
All volunteers will need to attend one of two training sessions:
- Thursday May 4th, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Friday May 5th, from 12 h 00 to 2 h 00 p.m.
We encourage managers to support employees who wish to volunteer, and we encourage employees who wish to volunteer to clear it with their supervisor first.
*Different levels of French required depending of the tasks
amelie.cote5 [at] mcgill.ca (Contact – Information)