Make a good first impression
People looking for information about McGill turn to the web. They make up their minds about our website — and, by extension, about McGill — in the blink of an eye.
We're here to help
This site is here to help you by highlighting tools and best practices of the Web Management System.
- We have tips on writing for your website and tagging pages to make it easier for people to find information on your site.
- We offer suggestions on finding and selecting images for your pages, and on displaying them in slideshows, so your site can be visually attractive.
- We explain how to use tables without affecting the accessibility of your site and suggest alternatives to using tables.
- We showcase the different styles of blocks and where they can fit on your page.
- We have a sample webform that shows off a variety of field types, a couple of options to display them, and even a conditional rule.