- Hutchinson, T.A., Dobkin, P.L. Discover Mindful Congruence. Le Spécialiste, 2015;17(1):31-32. discover_mindful_congruence.pdf
- Dobkin, P.L., Laliberté, V. Being a mindful clinical teacher: can mindfulness enhance education in a clinical setting? Medical Education, 2014;36(4):347-52. doi: 10.3109/0142159X.2014.887834. being_a_mindful_clinical_teacher.pdf
- Dobkin, P., Balass, S. Multiple influences contribute to medical students' well-being and identity formation. Medical Education, 2014;48:340–342. doi: 10.1111/medu.12409. multiple_influences.pdf
Hutchinson, T., Balass, S. Rev. of The Nature of Healing: The Modern Practice of Medicine, by Eric J. Cassell. Journal of Palliative Care, 2013;29(4):261. the_nature_of_healing.pdf
Garneau, K., Hutchinson, T., Zhao, Q., Dobkin, P. Cultivating person-centered medicine in future physicians. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare, 2013;1(2):468-477. cultivating_person-centered_medicine.pdf
Dobkin, P., Hickman, S., Monshat, K. Holding the heart of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: balancing fidelity and imagination when adapting MBSR. Mindfulness. Springer, 2013. DOI 10.1007/s12671-013-0225-7. holdingtheheart_2013.pdf
- Dobkin, P.L., Hutchinson, T.A. Teaching mindfulness in medical school: where are we now and where are we going? Medical Education, 2013:47:768–779. teaching_mindfulness.pdf
- Irving, J., Park, J., Fitzpatrick, M., Dobkin, P. L., Chen, A., Hutchinson, T. (2012) Experiences of Health Care Professionals Enrolled in Mindfulness-Based Medical Practice: A Grounded Theory Model. Springer Science+Business Media, LLC. Mindfulness 2012. Published online, September 2012. Experiences of Health Care Professionals [.pdf]
- Dobkin, P.L., Irving, J.A., Amar, S. For Whom May Participation in a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program be Contraindicated? Springer Science+Business Media, LLC. Mindfulness 2012; 3(1):44-50. For Whom May Participation in a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program be Contraindicated?[.pdf]
- Allen, D., Wainwright, M., Hutchinson, T. Non-compliance’ as illness management: Hemodialysis patients’ descriptions of adversarial patient-clinician interactions. Social Science and Medicine 2011; 73:129-134. Non-compliance’ as illness management [.pdf]
- Hutchinson, Tom A. (Ed.). Whole Person Care. A New Paradigm for the 21st Century. New York: Springer Science + Business Media, LLC; 2011. Whole Person Care
- Matousek, R.H., Pruessner, J.C., Dobkin, P.L. Changes in the cortisol awakening response (CAR) following participation in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction in women who completed treatment for breast cancer. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice 2011; 17:65-70. Changes in the cortisol awakening response (CAR) following participation in[.pdf]
- Dobkin, P.L., Zhao Q. Increased mindfulness - The active component of the mindfulness–based stress reduction program? Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice 2011;17:22-27. Increased mindfulness [.pdf]
- Lemay, K., Wilson, K.G., Buenger, U., Jarvis, V., Fitzgibbon, E., Bhimji, K., Dobkin, P.L. Fear of pain in patients with advanced cancer or in patients with chronic non-malignant pain. The Clinical Journal of Pain 2011; 27(2):116-124.
- Matousek, R.H., Dobkin, P.L., Pruessner, J. Cortisol as a marker for improvement in mindfulness-based stress reduction. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice 2010; 16(1):13–19. Cortisol as a marker for improvement in mindfulness-based stress reduction [.pdf]
- Matousek, R.H., Dobkin, P.L. Weathering Storms: A Cohort Study of How Participation in a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program Benefits Women after Breast Cancer Treatment. Current Oncology 2010; 17(4):62-70. Weathering Storms[.pdf]
- Arnaert, A., Gabos, T., Ballenas, V., & Rutledge, R. Contributions of a retreat weekend to the healing and coping of cancer patients’ relatives. Qual Health Res 2010; 20(2):197-208. Contributions of a retreat weekend to the healing and coping of[.pdf]
- Dobkin, P.L., Hutchinson, T.A. Primary Prevention for Future Doctors: Promoting Well-Being in Trainees. Medical Education Journal 2010; 44:224–226. Primary Prevention for Future Doctors [.pdf]
- Dobkin, P.L., et al. Predictors of disability and pain six months after the end of treatment for fibromyalgia. Clinical Journal of Pain 2010; 26(1):23-29.
- Arnaert, A. & Wainwright, M. Providing care and sharing expertise: reflections of nurse-specialists in palliative homecare. The Journal of Palliative and Supportive Care, Palliative and Supportive Care 2009; 7:357–364. Providing care and sharing expertise [.pdf]
- Hutchinson, T.A., Dobkin, P.L. Mindful medical practice: just another fad? Can Fam Physician 2009; 55:778-779. Mindful medical practice: just another fad?[.pdf]
- Allen, D., Hutchinson, T. Using PAR or Abusing Its Good Name?: The Challenges and Surprises of Photovoice and Film in a Study of Chronic Illness. International Journal of Qualitative Methods 2009; 8(2):115–128. Using PAR or Abusing Its Good Name?: The Challenges and [.pdf]
- Hutchinson, T.A., Hutchinson, N., Arnaert, A. Whole person care: encompassing the two faces of medicine. Canadian Medical Association Journal 2009; 180(8). Whole person care: encompassing the two faces of medicine[.pdf]
- Irving, J.A., Dobkin, P.L., Park, J. Cultivating mindfulness in health care professionals: A review of empirical studies of mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR). Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice 2009; 15:61–66. Cultivating mindfulness in health care professionals[.pdf]
- Dobkin, P.L. Fostering healing through mindfulness in the context of medical practice. Current Oncology 2009; 16(2):4-6. Fostering healing through mindfulness in the context of medical practice[.pdf]
- Arnaert, A., Seller, R., and Wainwright M. Homecare nurses’ attitudes to palliative care in a rural community of Western Quebec. Journal of Hospice and Palliative Nursing. 2009;11(4):202-208.
- Dobkin, P. L. Physicianship [Invited Commentary on Egnew, T.R. Suffering, Meaning, and Healing: Challenges of Contemporary Medicine.], 2009. Annals of Family Medicine, Retrieved from http://www.annfammed.org/cgi/eletters/7/2/170#10693.
- Allen, D., Wainwright, M., Mount, B., and Hutchinson, T.A. The wounding path to becoming healers: medical students’ apprenticeship experiences. Medical Teacher 2008; 30(3):260-264. The Wounding Path to Becoming Healers: Medical Students' Apprenticeship Experiences[.pdf]
- Dobkin, P.L., Boothroyd, L. Organizing health services for patients with chronic pain: When there is a will there is a way. Pain Medicine. 2008; 9(7), doi:10.1111/j.1526-4637.2007.00326.x Organizing health services for patients with chronic pain: When there is a will there is a way[.pdf]
- Dobkin, P.L. Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: What Processes Are At Work? Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice, 2008; 14:8-16. Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: What Processes Are At Work?[.pdf]
- Arnaert, A. & Wainwright, M. Developing a home telecare service for elderly patients with COPD: steps and challenges. Canadian Journal of Nursing Informatics, 2008; 3(2):49-83. Developing a Home Telecare Service for Elderly Patients with COPD: Steps and Challenges[.pdf]
- Arnaert, A. & Wainwright, M. Preliminary results of a home telecare project for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Canadian Respiratory Journal, 15(Suppl C), 2008; 22C-23C.
- Ho, K., Payne, R., Nissen, L., Russell, T., Shaw, P.N., Devitt, L., Yen, E.H.K., Mockett, S.P., Arnaert, A., & Abizadeh, J. Opportunities for global academic contribution to interprofessisonal collaboration in ehealth: case study of Universitas 21. Journal of Interpersonal Care (submitted 2008).
- Arnaert, A., Hutchinson, N., Dublanko, A., & Rutledge, R. A communal path towards healing: Experiences of people with cancer attending the “Skills for healing retreat weekend”. Supportive Care in Cancer (submitted 2008).
- Mount, B.M., Boston, P.H., Cohen, S.R. Healing connections: On moving from suffering to a sense of well-being. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management 2007; 33(4):372. Healing Connections: On moving from suffering to a sense of well-being[.pdf]
- Arnaert, A., Klooster, J., Chow, V. Attitudes toward videotelephones: An exploratory study of older adults with depression. New technology holds promising benefits for at-home care. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 2007; 33(9):5-13.
- Arnaert, A., Delesie, L. Effectiveness of video-telephone nursing care for the homebound elderly. Canadian Journal of Nursing Research, 2007; 39(1):20-36. Effectiveness of Video-Telephone Nursing Care for the Homebound Elderly.[.pdf]
- Mount, B.M. The 10 commandments of healing. Journal of Cancer Education. 2006; 21(1):50-51. Ten Commandments of Healing[.pdf]
- Boston, P.H., Mount, B.M. The caregiver's perspective on existential and spiritual distress in palliative care. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 2006; 32(1):13-26. Caregivers Perspectives on Existential and Spiritual Distress[.pdf]
- Dobkin, P.L., Da Costa, D., Abrahamowicz, M., Dritsa, M., du Berger, R., Fitzcharles, M.A. Adherence during an individualized home-based 12 week exercise program in women with fibromyalgia. Journal of Rheumatology, 2006; 33(2):333-41. Adherence during an individualized exercise program in women with fibromyalgia[.pdf]
- Suissa, S., Hutchinson, T., Brophy, J.M., Kezouh, A. ACE-Inhibitor use and the long-term risk of renal failure in diabetes. Kidney International 2006; 69:913-919.
- Mount, B.M. In Memory of ... Snapshots of Cicely: Reflections at the end of an era. Journal of Palliative Care. 2005; 21(3):133-5.
- Hutchinson, T.A. Transitions in the lives of patients with end stage renal disease: A cause of suffering and an opportunity for healing. Palliative Medicine 2005; 19:270-277. Transitions in the Lives of Patients with ESRD[.pdf]
- Hutchinson, T. Coming home to mindfulness in medicine. Book Review of Coming to Our Senses, Jon Kabat Zinn. CMAJ. August 16, 2005; 173(4):391-2. Coming Home to Mindfulness in Medicine[.pdf]
- Mount, B.M., Book reviews: Making Peace with Walking the Ridge. Review of ‘Snapshots on the Journey Through Death & Remembrance’ – Poems Selected by Rod MacLeod. 2002, Wellington: Steele Roberts; review of ‘The Five People You Meet in Heaven. Albom M. 2003. New York: Hyperion. J Pall Care, 2004; 20(31):217.
- Mount, B.M. Cummings, I. Oxford textbook of palliative medicine, 3rd edition. A Book Review. Palliative Medicine, 2004; 18(5):486-7.
- Mount BM. The healing power of music. La Scena Musicale 2004; 10.1:36-37. The Healing Power of Music[.pdf]
- Mount, B.M. Where do we find Jesus in this broken age? http://cep.anglican.ca Continuing Education Plan Online, The Anglican Church of Canada. (Presentation during Jean Vanier seminar, Montreal, 04.10.22.)
- Mount, B.M. Palliative care: A personal odyssey. Illness, Crisis & Loss, 2003; 11(1):91-104.
- Mount, B.M. A personal narrative: the existential moment. Palliative and Supportive Care, 2003; 1:1-4. The Existential Moment[.pdf]
- Mount, B.M. Existential suffering and the determinants of healing. European Journal of Palliative Care, 2003; 10(2) SUPPLEMENT 42 - 45. Existential Suffering and the Determinants of Healing[.pdf]
- Mount, B.M., Kearney, M. Healing and palliative care: Charting our way forward. Palliative Medicine, 2003; 657-658. Charting Our Way Forward[.pdf]
- Mount, B.M. Gifts. J Palliat Care 2003; 19(4):229.
- Holland, J.C., Cassem, E.H., Mount, B., Simmons, P. Dealing with loss, death, and grief in clinical practice: Spiritual Meaning in Oncology. American Society of Clinical Oncology. 38th Annual Meeting Education Book. MC Perry ed. ASCO. 2002; 198-205.
- Mount, B.M., Lawlor, W., Cassell, et al. Spirituality, religion and health: Developing a shared vocabulary. Annals of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. 2002. Spirituality and Health. Developing a shared vocabulary[.pdf]
- Freedman, O., Orenstein, S., Boston, P., Amour, T., Seely, J., Mount, B.M. Spirituality, religion and health: A critical appraisal of the Larson reports. The Annals of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. March 2002; 35(2). Spirituality, Religion & Health. A critical appraisal of the Larson reports[.pdf]
- Boston, P., Towers, A., Barnard, D. Embracing vulnerability: risk and empathy in palliative care. Journal of Palliative Care. 2002; 17(4).
- Mount, B.M., Boston, P. Review of: Koenig, H.G., McCullough, M. & Larson, D.B. Handbook of religion and health. Annals of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. 2001; 34(7).
- Boston, P., Mount, B.M., Orenstein, S., Freedman, O. Spirituality, religion and health: the need for qualitative research. Annals of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada 2001; 34(6):368-374. Spirituality, Religion & Health. The need for qualitative research[.pdf]
- Cohen, R., Boston, P., Mount, B.M, Porterfield, P. Changes in quality of life following admission to palliative care units. Palliative Medicine 2001; 15:363-371.
- Mount, B.M. End of Life: Recent Developments in Canada and the Netherlands. The Annals of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. March 2001.
- Mount, B.M. At the end of life Canadian - and other - governments should do much more to support palliative care. The Montreal Gazette, Saturday, March 31, 2001.
- Mount, B.M. Book review of Learning to fall: the blessings of an imperfect life. CMAJ 2001; 165(6).
- Mount, B. Care of dying Patients and Their Families in Cecil Textbook of Medicine, 21st edition. L Goldman, JC Bennett (Eds.) Philadelphia: WB Saunders 2000; 7-10.
- Mount, B., Kearney, M. Spiritual care of the dying patient in Handbook of Psychiatry in Palliative Medicine, Chochinov, HM., Breitbart W., (Eds.)", Oxford University Press 2000; 357-373.
- Mount, B. Hospice Care in Comprehensive Textbook of Genitourinary Oncology, 2nd edition. NJ. Vogelzang, PT Scardino, WW Shipley, DS Coffey (Eds.) Philadelphia; Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2000; 56-60.
- Cohen, S.R., Mount, B. Living with Cancer: "Good Days and "Bad" Days - What Produces Them? Can the McGill Quality of Life Questionnaire Distinguish between Them? Cancer 2000; 89:1854-65.
- Mount, B. Foreword, in Kearney M. A Place of Healing: Working With Suffering in Living and Dying. 2000, Oxford University Press, vii-x.
- Barnard, D., Towers, A., Boston, P., Lambrinidou, Y. Crossing over: Case narratives in palliative care. 2000, Oxford University Press.
- Jordan, S., Macnamara, E., Boston, P., Kozolanka, K. Some signposts for medical and nursing educational policy formulation for aboriginal health care. International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education 2000; 13(3):307-324. Some signposts for medical and nursing educational[.pdf]