SENDING YOUR CHILD OFF TO UNIVERSITY IS AN EXCITING TIME. McGill brings together the best of many worlds, including a stellar reputation, an exciting cultural milieu, and a breadth of opportunities to explore personal and academic interests, all set against the backdrop of one of the safest cities in the world.
From application to graduation, you and your son or daughter will experience a range of McGill’s high-calibre programs and services, including:
- Financial services: resources and advice to help pay for university, apply for funding and budget effectively
- Residences and Student Housing: each year, McGill welcomes over 2800 undergraduate and graduate students to dorms, apartments and shared-facilities houses
- Career Planning Services (CaPS): workshops, individual advising, job postings and a Career Resource Centre
- Student services: a full range of services, from campus life to student health, to enrich the McGill experience and to provide assistance in areas related to students’ educational and personal pursuits
- Health services: quality, comprehensive health care specifically geared towards the health needs of students
- Mental health and counseling services: secure, non-judgmental and confidential spaces for mental health support and care
The McGill Parents Handbook provides more information and answers to frequently asked questions and the McGill Parents Association is always just a toll-free phone call away, at 1-800-567-5175, x. 6441
You can also come see us on campus – the McGill Alumni Association runs the Parents Tent information centre on the Downtown Campus each August.