|On this page: DENT-P, Facilities and learning opportunities, Contact the Faculty|
Founded in 1904, the Faculty of Dentistry – one of the few on the continent with teaching clinics in a hospital – educates leading oral physicians with a curriculum that emphasizes oral health and disease prevention. At the Faculty, you'll learn to manage complex problems rarely seen in traditional school clinics. You'll see cutting-edge research, thanks to state-of-the-art facilities for periodontal and bone studies, and with unparalleled opportunities for clinical experience, you'll gain the skills and knowledge you need to provide comprehensive health care to your patients.
Five-Year Undergraduate Program: Applicants who are enrolled in the final year of the Sciences profile at a Quebec CEGEP are eligible for the five-year program. Students first complete a dental preparatory (DENT-P) year in the Faculty of Science, then proceed into the first year of the four-year program.
|- Dentistry||Five-Year Program|
Four-Year Undergraduate Program: Leading to the degree of DMD, basic and applied sciences are taught in conjunction with the Faculty of Medicine in the first 18 months of the program. Students then complete 7 months of pre-clinical training followed by 2 years of clinical training.
|- Dentistry||Four-Year Program|
- The Jamson T.N. Wong Laboratories for Bone and Periodontal Research provide a practical and intellectual focus to advance knowledge for the improved diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disorders of the skeleton and oral cavity.
- Pain research at McGill University is conducted at the Alan Edwards Centre for Research on Pain. Its main goal is to bring together the McGill community of basic and clinical pain researchers to promote research that will result in cures for chronic pain.
McGill is one of the few dental schools in North America with teaching facilities in a hospital. You'll spend your first two years on the McGill campus, then transfer to the state-of-the-art McCall Undergraduate Dental Clinic at the Montreal General Hospital of the McGill University Health Centre for the last two years of the program. In your clinical years, you will also rotate through other hospital departments.
Research centres and institutes
- McGill Centre for Bone and Periodontal Research
- Alan Edwards Centre for Research on Pain
- McGill Centre for Biorecognition and Biosensors
- McGill Institute for Advanced Materials (MIAM)
Enrolment - Fall 2012-13