VIA Rail Canada offers a discount on train tickets for McGill University related business and for leisure trips. Refer to the VIA Rail website. The discount is already pre-calculated.
RESERVATIONS AND TICKET PURCHASE:
- Online: VIA Rail website: When booking or purchasing a ticket, select either one of the yellow buttons (depending on whether the trip is University related or leisure). This will bring you to the McGill VIA Rail landing page where you can proceed to book and purchase your ticket. The McGill discount is automatically applied. Please note that the discounted fare is only visible on the final price when building a multicity itinerary and not on the first quoted price.VIA Rail will send a confirmation by email to the email address entered in the traveler profile. The email confirmation bar code plus the credit card used for the reservation can be inserted at a ticket kiosk at the train station to obtain the tickets. You may be asked to present your McGill ID card.
- By phone: in Montréal: 514 989-2626 or elsewhere in Canada: 1-888- VIA-RAIL (1-888-842-7245) or TTY 1 800 268-9503 (hearing impaired). You must mention the McGill corporate discount code (810612) or the McGill leisure discount code (810611) in order to obtain the appropriate discount. When picking up tickets at a VIA Rail station ticket office, you must provide a McGill identification card with photo.
- At any VIA Rail station ticket office: You must mention the McGill corporate discount code (810612) or the McGill leisure discount code (810611) in order to obtain the appropriate discount and you will be required to provide a McGill identification card with photo.
Highlights of the Contract
- Applicable to faculty, staff and students traveling for business on behalf of McGill University
- Applicable for employee personal leisure trips including up to three additional persons travelling together with the McGill person
- Contract valid from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014
- The discount is applicable on all fare types including seat sales
- Discounts are available for one-way, round-trip and multi-city itineraries. Please note that the discounted fare is only visible on the final price when building a multicity itinerary and not on the first quoted price.
- Discount does not apply to groups over 9 travelers. For group quotations contact Guy Ormiston @ 514-871-6511 or guy_ormiston [at] viarail [dot] ca (subject: Corporate%20Fare)