Air Canada and Lufthansa Group Agreement
McGill has entered into a contract with Air Canada effective January 2013.
Lufthansa Group has been added as of November 2014
Benefits of the Air Canada Lufthansa Agreement:
- Valid for trips leaving from Canada and purchased through one of the Travel Companies listed further on this website page or on the special Air Canada Corporate Rewards site
- Valid on flights operated by Air Canada and the Lufthansa Group - Austrian, Brussels and SWISS Airlines only
- Discounts vary according to destination and fare type
- The discount applies to Economy Class fares Flex and up.
- Please note that there is no discount on Tango fares.
- The discount is available for one-way, round-trip and multi-city itineraries
- 10% discount on Preferred seat selection
- 7 days a week support line
- You can export itinerary information to Microsoft Outlook calendar
- Accessible to all McGill faculty, staff and students traveling for University-related activities (please note that this does not apply to personal travel)
As always we encourage you to purchase the lowest logical means of transportation for any travel being done on behalf of the University. These agreements do not preclude you to compare pricing for all airlines flying to your destination. Please note that when searching and comparing airfares, it is recommended to obtain several quotations.
How do I access the Air Canada / Lufthansa offer?
Option 1: Contact either Vision Travel or Uniglobe Lexus, (one of our Designated Travel Management Companies) to obtain a quote for your next University-related trip. You must be a McGill employee or an associated student working on University-related activities. Transaction fees apply for the services of a travel company.
Option 2: Online -ALERT! YOU MUST FIRST REGISTER WITH VISION TRAVEL OR UNIGLOBE LEXUS - SIMPLY CONTACT THEM BY EMAIL OR PHONE TO DO SO. After registering for the Program through either Vision Travel or Uniglobe Lexus (one of our Designated Travel Management Companies -no fee involved) you can book yourself online through Air Canada’s Corporate Rewards website ). On this website McGill discounts are already calculated. After your initial sign in you will be able to book yourself online. You must be a McGill employee or an associated student working on University-related activities. Payment by credit card only. FOAPAL is not possible.
NB: Please note that when searching and comparing fares, this "Corporate Rewards" online booking site only features Air Canada and Lufthansa (Group) flights. No other partner airlines will be shown. It is recommended to obtain comparative quotations.
Please contact Travel Services with your questions/comments.