Department of Civil Engineering and Applied Mechanics
Recent Grants Received
- 2013 Canadian Water Network
- NSERC 2012 Strategic Project Grant Competition
Recent Publications/Creative Works
- Raychoudhury, T., Tufenkji, N., Ghoshal, S. (2012). Aggregation and Deposition Kinetics of Carboxymethyl Cellulose-modified Zero-Valent Iron Nanoparticles in Porous Media. Water Research. In press.
- Cirtu, M., Raychoudhury, T., Ghoshal, S., Moores, A. (2011) Systematic comparison of the size and surface characteristics of zero valent iron nanoparticles stabilized with common polymers. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 39: 95–104.
- Asadishad, B., Ghoshal, S., Tufenkji, N. (2011). Method for the Direct Observation and Quantification of Survival of Bacteria Attached to Negatively or Positively Charged Surfaces in an Aqueous Medium. Environmental Science and Technology. 45: 8345–8351.
- Chang, W., Klemm, S., Beaulieu, C., Hawari, J., Whyte, L., Ghoshal, S. (2011) Hydrocarbon biodegradation under seasonal freeze-thaw and post thaw soil temperature regimes in contaminated soils from a sub-Arctic site. Environmental Science and Technology, 45:1061-1066.
- Chang, W.J., Whyte, L., Ghoshal, S. (2011) Comparison of the effects of variable site temperatures and constant incubation temperatures on the biodegradation of petroleum hydrocarbons in pilot-scale experiments with contaminated soils from a cold regions site. Chemosphere, 82:872-878.