Department of Civil Engineering and Applied Mechanics
Recent Grants Received
- Integrating EPS geofoam in the design of tunnels: NSERC Engage
- Preventing levee failure due to animal activities
- Developing a numerical approach for the seismic analysis of rock slopes: NSERC Engage
Recent Publications/Creative Works
- Kamel, S. and Meguid, M.A. (2013) Investigating the effects of local contact loss on the earth pressure distribution on rigid pipes. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering 31(1), 199–212.
- Bayoumi, A. and Meguid, M.A. (2011) Wildlife and safety of earthen structures: A review. Journal of failure analysis and prevention, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 295-319.
- Tran, V., Meguid, M.A. and Chouinard L.E., (2013) A finite-discrete element framework for the 3D modeling of geogrid-soil interaction under pullout loading conditions. Geotextiles and Geomembranes.
- Saghaee, G.R., Meguid, M.A. and Bayoumi, M. (2012). An experimental procedure to study the impact of animal burrows on existing levee structures. Eurofuge 2012 Conference, April 2012, Delft, The Netherlands, 8 pages.
- Kamel, S. and Meguid, M.A. (2008). An experimental study of soil erosion around leaking pipes. 2008 No-Dig Conference, North American Society of Trenchless Technology, Texas, April 2008, 10 pages.