Department of Mining and Materials Engineering
Recent Grants Received
- NSERC SPG-Engineering nanostructured titania thin film electrodes for highly efficient solar energy conversion and storage systems
- NSERC Discovery- Advanced Environmental and Energy Material Processing
- GREEN CENTRE CANADA contract-Novel Hybrid Titanium Dioxide Paste for Dye Solar Cells
Recent Publications/Creative Works
- Nima Parsi Benehkohal; G.P. Demopoulos, 2013, Electrophoretically self-assembled metal oxide-TiO2 nanocomposite film structures for photoelectrochemical energy conversion: Probing of charge recombination and electron transport resistances, J. Power Sources. 240, 667-675
- Hsien-chieh Chiu, Nicolas Brodusch, Raynald Gauvin*, Abdelbast Guerfi, Karim Zaghib*, and George P. Demopoulos, 2013, Aqueous Synthesized Nanostructured Li4Ti5O12 for High-Performance Lithium-Ion Battery Anodes, J. Electrochem. Soc. 160 (5) A3041-A3047
- Guo-Bin Shan, Hassane Assaaoudi and George P. Demopoulos, 2011, Enhanced Performance of Dye-sensitized Solar Cells by Utilization of Near-infrared Light Harvesting & Light-reflecting External Bifunctional Layer Consisting of Uniform β-NaYF4:Er3+/Yb3+ Nanoplatelets, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 3, 3239-3243
- F. Lagno, S.D.F. Rocha*, S. Chryssoulis*, G.P. Demopoulos, 2010, “Scorodite Encapsulation by Controlled Deposition of Aluminum Phosphate Coatings”, J. Haz. Mat., 181, 526–534.
- Yongfeng Jia*, Danni Zhang, Rongrong Pan, Liying Xu, George P. Demopoulos, 2012, A novel two-step coprecipitation process using Fe(III) and Al(III) for the removal and immobilization of arsenate from acidic aqueous solution, Water Research 46, 500-508.