From the initial application: A detailed waste assessment will be conducted in order to understand current waste generation activities, as well as recycling programs presently established across the McGill campus. The waste assessment will identify strategies to improve the current waste diversion rate through the identification of additional recycling opportunities and educational initiatives.
The objectives of this project are:
- Identify current waste management policies across the university
- Evaluate current procedures for handling waste and recycling materials
- Benchmark the current level of waste diversion
- Identify waste diversion opportunities across the University
- Increase the sustainability of McGill University
- Reduce the carbon footprint of McGill University
Find out more information about the Waste to Resource Assessment!
Email the project leader, marc [dot] dozois [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Marc Dozois)