1st Annual GIMI indoor and outdoor plant sale!
Call for donations of indoor plants, outdoor plants or garden supplies!
Now that spring is finally here it’s time to think about plants!! Are any of your indoor office plants getting too big? Do you need to divide your garden perennials? Are your neighbours and friends tired of accepting your divided perennial “gifts”? Did you start too many tomato plants? We would be thrilled to receive any of them!
The Greening Indoor McGill Initiative is hosting its 1st Annual McGill indoor and outdoor plant sale on Friday, June 7th, 2013 from 11-2pm at the intersection, lower campus fields (halfway between Arts building & Roddick gates). Mark your calendars! Pass the message on!
We are looking for donations of any of the following for our sale, proceeds of which will go towards funding our next year of GIMI activities.
- Healthy clumps or divisions of perennials: e.g. irises, Hostas, lilies, ground covers, daylilies, Echinacea, columbine etc.
- Any outdoor plants, small shrubs or trees
- Any indoor plants
- Cuttings of indoor plants. (If you start the cuttings now and they can establish roots by June 7th)
- Vegetable plant seedlings
- Any other useful, but-not-needed-by-you gardening extras e.g. gardening cans, misting bottles, small digging tools, pots etc.
- Email heidi [dot] hoernig [at] mcgill [dot] ca (with GIMI donation in subject line) to alert us that you intend to donate, so that we can send you a reminder and detailed instructions/directions before the sale.
- A couple of days in advance, prepare your indoor or outdoor plant donations: water them, remove dead leaves, put plants in suitable soil (no unwanted bugs please!) and clear plastic bag or pot.
- Please remove any potentially invasive plants (Goutweed, Bishop Weed, Bamboo, Loosestrife etc.)
- Label your plant well, with light requirements (if you know them).
- Bring your donations on the day of the sale, Friday, June 7th any time between 7:30 -10:30 am.
- Come back between 11-2 pm and buy some more!!