Name: Legal Name
Revision, June 2013. Start of revision.
This is the name that will appear on your e-bills, tax receipts, degree, diploma, or certificate on graduation, and on your official transcript. It is also used by the Government of Quebec to create a Permanent Code.
Revision, June 2013. End of revision.
All students are registered under their legal name as it appears in one of the following documents:
- Canadian birth certificate
- Canadian Immigration Record of Landing (IMM 1000 or IMM 5292 or IMM 5688 and Permanent Residence card, both sides)
- Canadian Immigration Study or Work Permit document
- Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ)
- International passport (for Canadians, a Canadian citizenship card is required. Note that a Canadian passport is not acceptable.)
- Letter from international student's consulate or embassy in Canada
- Marriage certificate issued outside of Quebec (translated into English or French by a sworn officer if in another language). Note that Quebec marriage certificates are only acceptable if issued prior to 1984.
- Certificate of Name Change issued by the Quebec Directeur de l’état civil
In the case of a variation in the spelling of the name among these documents, the University will use the name on the document that appears first on the above list.