Graduation Honours: Faculty of Science Dean's Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research List
The Dean's Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research List recognizes Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) students who have participated in substantial and broad undergraduate research. To be placed on the Dean's Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research List at graduation time:
- you must have completed at least 9 credits of research-based courses, taken for a letter grade,
- where qualifying courses are either specified in the list of approved research courses (see www.mcgill.ca/science/research/ours/researchcourses),
- or are approved on a case-by-case basis by the Faculty of Science.
Furthermore, considering all qualifying research-based courses on your transcript at graduation time:
- at least one course, worth at least 3 credits, must be from a different unit than the other research-based courses; and
- every qualifying course must have been completed with a grade of C or above; and
- the average GPA over all qualifying courses must be 3.0 or above.
If these requirements are met, the mention "Dean's Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research List" will be recorded on your transcript at graduation time.
No application is necessary if you have taken courses from the approved list; all B.Sc. graduating students' records are considered by the Office for Undergraduate Research in Science.
However, if you have taken a research course not already on the approved list, and wish for this course to be counted toward the Dean's Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research List, you must apply. Qualifying courses may be offered either within the Faculty of Science or outside. For information on how to apply, please contact the Office for Undergraduate Research in Science at least four months prior to graduation (e.g., February 1, for June graduation; July 1, for November graduation; August 1, for February graduation).