Note: This is the 20122013 edition of the eCalendar. For the most recent publication, click here. For a newer version of this specific page, simply update the year in your browser's URL bar.

Legal Documents: Why Does McGill Collect Legal Documents from You?

Legal Documents: Why Does McGill Collect Legal Documents from You?

Revision, January 2013. Start of revision.

Your tuition status at McGill will vary depending on your status in Canada. In order for us to determine your appropriate rate of tuition (Quebec, Canadian out-of-province, or international), we require legal documents confirming your current status. We also require these documents to confirm your valid citizenship/immigration status. To find out which documents you must provide—and when they are required—refer to: Legal Documents: What Documents Does McGill Need from You?

Some of the documents McGill requests of you help us obtain your Permanent Code from the Government of Quebec. This unique 12-character code is issued by the Government of Quebec, and is obligatory for all students registered in a Quebec institution.

If you have previously attended school in Quebec, you already possess a Permanent Code, which can be found on your school report card or your CEGEP and/or university transcripts. After you have accepted the University's offer of admission, you can check on Minerva (under the Personal Menu) to see if McGill has received your Permanent Code.

You can consult your tuition and legal status (including your Permanent Code) on Minerva ( Select Student Menu > Student Accounts Menu > View your Tuition and Legal Status.

Revision, January 2013. End of revision.

Programs, Courses and University Regulations—2012-2013 (last updated Jan. 17, 2013) (disclaimer)