Note: This is the 20122013 edition of the eCalendar. Update the year in your browser's URL bar for the most recent version of this page, or click here to jump to the newest eCalendar.

International Students

International students enrolled at McGill for no more than one semester (i.e., not in a degree program) are exempted from having to obtain a CAQ and Study Permit, per Immigration law. For these cases, McGill will instead require proof of identity (photocopy) of your valid Visitor Visa issued by Immigration Canada (refer to www.cic.gc.ca to determine if you are required to have a Visitor’s Visa). If exempt from a Visitor’s Visa, students may alternatively provide us with a copy of their valid passport with the entry stamp issued by the Immigration official at the port of entry into Canada (we may also require a copy of their birth certificate with a legal certified translation in English or French, if necessary). For further information, visit www.mcgill.ca/legaldocuments.

Exemptions from international tuition fees may be claimed by students in certain categories. Such students, if eligible, are then assessed at the Quebec student rate (certain categories may be assessed at the Canadian tuition rate). These categories, and the required documentation for each of them, may be viewed at www.mcgill.ca/legaldocuments. Further information regarding these reductions of International Tuition Fees by the Quebec government is available on the Student Accounts website under Tuition & fees > General information > Tuition fee exemptions. International students who already hold a valid International Student Fee Exemption may use it for Summer courses.

For more information concerning Fee Exemptions, contact Service Point at www.mcgill.ca/students/records/contact.

Programs, Courses and University Regulations—2012-2013 (last updated Jan. 17, 2013) (disclaimer)