Note: This is the 20122013 edition of the eCalendar. Update the year in your browser's URL bar for the most recent version of this page, or click here to jump to the newest eCalendar.

Visiting Students

Visiting Students are those students who are registered in a degree program at another university and who have obtained written permission from both universities to take a course(s) for credit toward that degree program. Students studying in the province of Quebec who are in this category are eligible for a transfer of credit if the required permission is obtained on Quebec Inter-University Transfer forms. These forms are available online at www.mcgill.ca/students/transfercredit/current/iut. McGill students registering for courses required for their degree program at other Quebec universities are required to pay for the course(s) at the home university. McGill University and Université de Montréal participate in an exchange (graduate) with the University of British Columbia and the University of Toronto.

As a rule, graduate students should not register for courses through Inter-University Transfers (IUT) during the last semester before graduation. There are considerable delays in receiving official transcripts which delay the degree audit process and graduation. If special departmental permission is given for such a course to be taken in the last semester, there will be no extension given for the grade submission deadline.

Programs, Courses and University Regulations—2012-2013 (last updated Jul. 11, 2012) (disclaimer)