Faculty of Arts Inter-University Transfer Credit Policy for Courses Taken Outside the Faculties of Arts and of Science
If you transfer from a faculty outside the Faculties of Arts and of Science at another institution, you may transfer up to a maximum of 30 credits under the following conditions:
- Only courses passed with a grade of C or better will be transferred. Grades of C-, P or S are not acceptable. The letter grades applied by your former home institution take precedence over the numerical grades if provided.
- Decisions on whether a course is outside the Faculties of Arts and of Science will be based on the original faculty in which your course was taken.
- Refer to Policy on Distance Education Courses.
- Transfer credits for Continuing Education courses will be granted only if the courses can be used towards a degree program in a faculty other than Continuing Education at your former home university.
- You will be allowed to take courses outside the Faculties of Arts and of Science at McGill only if you have transferred fewer than 12 credits, and then only up to a maximum of 12 credits.
- If you register for a Faculty of Arts program that requires additional credits outside the Faculties of Arts and of Science, you will be allowed to take only the number of credits outside the Faculties of Arts and of Science required to complete your program, as long as the total number of credits outside the Faculties of Arts and Science, including transfer credits, do not exceed 40 credits.
Programs, Courses and University Regulations—2012-2013 (last updated Nov. 12, 2012) (disclaimer)