Note: This is the 2012โ€“2013 edition of the eCalendar. For the most recent publication, click here.


HIstory of the Schulich School of Music

Founded as the Conservatorium of Music in 1904, and incorporated as a Faculty in 1920, the School moved to its current location in the impressive and historic Strathcona Music Building (formerly the main section of Royal Victoria College) in 1972. It was renamed the Schulich School of Music in 2005 in honour of benefactor Seymour Schulich. During the 2004–2005 centennial season, the School added a new eight-storey building that houses the Marvin Duchow Music Library, the Gertrude Whitley Performance Library, Tanna Schulich Hall, CIRMMT (the Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Music Media and Technology), the MMR (Multimedia Room), the Wirth Opera Studio, and administrative offices.