You will not receive credit toward your degree for any course that overlaps in content with a course taken for credit at McGill, CEGEP, another university, advanced placement exams, Advanced Level results, International Baccalaureate Diploma, or French Baccalaureate Diploma.
It is your responsibility to consult with the BCom Student Affairs Office as to whether or not credit can be obtained and to be aware of exclusion clauses specified in the course descriptions in this publication. Please refer to the following website for specific information about advanced standing credits and McGill course exemptions: www.mcgill.ca/students/courses/plan/transfer.
Credit for Statistics courses will be given with the following restrictions:
- Credit will be given for ONLY ONE of the following Statistics courses: AEMA 310, BIOL 373, ECON 227D1/ECON 227D2 (max. 3 credits), ECON 257D1/ECON 257D2, GEOG 202, GEOG 351, MATH 204, MATH 324, MATH 357, MGCR 271, MGCR 273, MIME 209, PSYC 204, SOCI 350.
- Credit will be given for ONLY ONE of the following intermediate Statistics courses: MGSC 272, ECON 257D1/ECON 257D2, ECON 337 & ECON 338, ECON 467.
- For 500-level Statistics courses not listed above, you must consult a student adviser to ensure that no significant overlap exists. Where such overlap exists with a course for which you have already received credit, credit will not be allowed.
- Credit for Statistics courses offered by faculties other than Management requires the permission of the Director, BCom program.
- PSYC 204 may not be taken if a grade of 75% or better was received in an equivalent course completed at CEGEP.
Credit for computer courses offered by the School of Computer Science is governed by rules specified in its individual course descriptions.
Credit for Economics courses will be subject to the following restrictions:
- A maximum of 6 credits will be granted for Freshman Economics courses.
- A maximum of 6 credits will be granted for ECON 230D1/ECON 230D2, ECON 250D1/ECON 250D2, and MGCR 293.
- A maximum of 6 credits will be granted for ECON 330D1/ECON 330D2, ECON 352D1/ECON 352D2, and ECON 295.
- ECON 208 and ECON 209 are not permitted in the 90-credit program.