Note: This is the 20112012 edition of the eCalendar. For the most recent publication, click here. For a newer version of this specific page, simply update the year in your browser's URL bar.

Incomplete Courses for Continuing Studies

Incomplete Courses or Continuing Studies

If the instructor decides there is sufficient reason to permit a delay in the submission of required term work, an extension of the deadline after the end of the course may be granted to the student. In this case, the instructor will submit a grade of K (incomplete).
Note: If the instructor submits a grade of K, he or she will also indicate the date by which the student must complete the work. Consult the faculty sections for maximum extensions.
Note: If the instructor submits a new grade within the deadline, both the new grade and the grade of K will appear on your verification forms and unofficial and advising transcript. However, the new grade will replace the K on your official transcript.
Note: If you do not complete the required work before the deadline, a grade of KF will be updated on your record. A KF denotes a failed course and is calculated in the TGPA and CGPA as an F.
Note: In exceptional circumstances, and with the approval of the Associate Dean or Director, the deadline may be extended further, in which case the grade of KE (further extension granted) appears. If you do not meet the extended deadline, a grade of KF will replace the KE.

Revision, June 2011. Start of revision.

Note for Continuing Studies: All students who miss a final exam are given a grade of J. For more information regarding the J grade, see Unexcused Absences for Continuing Studies Students.

Revision, June 2011. End of revision.

Programs, Courses and University Regulations—2011-2012 (last updated Jul. 21, 2011) (disclaimer)