Our Faculty's focus is on training oral physicians, capable of providing comprehensive health care to their patients. We offer unparalleled opportunities for practical experience in a wide variety of hospital and clinical settings. Internationally renowned for our research bolstered by new, world-class facilities, our students are exposed to the latest developments in dental research.
Historically we have enjoyed a creative mix of students not only from Canada, but also from the United States and around the world. We have a strong history of student participation in faculty affairs with the goal to create a collegial learning environment.
What make McGill's Graduate Programs in Dentistry so special?
- Our graduate students do cross-disciplinary work, and they are motivated by challenges in research.
- Small class sizes and a well-structured, stimulating curriculum help students achieve academic excellence.
- Students receive a high level of technical support and interact extensively with post-doctoral fellows, research associates and assistants.
- Students interact regularly with faculty who are leading researchers in their fields, and they are exposed to many invited external speakers in various seminar series.
- Major areas of excellence in the Faculty include research on pain, mineralized and periodontal tissues, extracellular matrix biology, biomaterials and clinical oral health.
- There are many interdisciplinary collaborations work with other centres of excellence on campus.
- Our tenure-track faculty have more external research funding than any other Canadian dental school.