Entrance Requirements – FMT
- Students should have a good practical knowledge of farming under eastern Canadian conditions. One year of experience is recommended, but under special conditions a four-month summer season is acceptable.
- The minimum academic entrance requirements are a Quebec High School Leaving Certificate (Secondary V), or its equivalent and any other academic requirement set by the Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport (MELS).
- All candidates for admission must make arrangements to come to the Macdonald campus for an interview prior to admission to the program.
- Admission to this program is only in the Fall semester.
- We strongly encourage incoming students to acquire their driver’s permit (both for cars and farm equipment) before coming to Macdonald campus. This is first for safety reasons, given that students work with farm equipment (Soil Preparation) very early on as they arrive at Macdonald. As well, most farmers require their employees and trainees (stagiaires) to drive and possess the appropriate driver’s license.
—2011-2012 (last updated Aug. 16, 2011) (disclaimer)
Faculty of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences—2011-2012 (last updated Aug. 16, 2011) (disclaimer)