Legal Documents: Why Does McGill Collect Legal Documents from You?

Note: This is the 20102011 edition of the eCalendar. Update the year in your browser's URL bar for the most recent version of this page, or click here to jump to the newest eCalendar.

Legal Documents: Why Does McGill Collect Legal Documents from You?

Tuition fees at McGill vary depending on whether you have provided us with proof that you are a Quebec student, a Canadian out-of-province student, or an international student, as per Legal Documents: What Documents Does McGill Need from You?.

Some of the documents McGill requests from you help us obtain your Permanent Code from the Government of Quebec. This unique 12-character code, is issued by the Quebec Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport (MELS), and is obligatory for all students registered in a Quebec institution.

If you have previously attended school in Quebec, you already possess a Permanent Code - you can find it on your school report card or your CEGEP or university transcript. After you have accepted the University's offer of admission, you can check on Minerva (under the Personal Menu) to see if McGill has received your Permanent Code.

You can consult your tuition and legal status (including your Permanent Code) on Minerva ( Select Student Menu > Student Accounts Menu > View your Tuition and Legal Status.

Programs, Courses and University Regulations—2010-2011 (last updated Apr. 22, 2010) (disclaimer)