Health Insurance – Canadian Residents

Note: This is the 20102011 edition of the eCalendar. Update the year in your browser's URL bar for the most recent version of this page, or click here to jump to the newest eCalendar.

Health Insurance – Canadian Residents

If you are a Canadian student from outside Quebec, you should check with your provincial medicare office to ensure that you have valid health coverage while studying at McGill.

If you are a Canadian student who has been living abroad, you may not be eligible for provincial health insurance coverage. To ensure adequate health insurance coverage, you may enrol in the group plan offered through International Student Services ( Please note that this option is available only during the first month of your first semester at McGill.

All undergraduate students who pay tuition fees at either the Canadian or Quebec rates and who are members of the Students' Society of McGill University (SSMU) or the Macdonald Campus Students' Society (MCSS) are automatically covered by their applicable Students' Society's Health and Dental Plans. For details on fees, change of coverage dates and on what is covered by the plans, refer to If you're not sure of your eligibility, contact the Alliance pour la santé étudiante au Québec (ASEQ) at 514-789-8775 (

Programs, Courses and University Regulations—2010-2011 (last updated Apr. 22, 2010) (disclaimer)