Note: This is the 20102011 edition of the eCalendar. For the most recent publication, click here.  

History of the Faculty

HIstory of the Schulich School of Music

The Schulich School of Music of McGill University was founded as the Conservatorium of Music in 1904 and incorporated as a Faculty in 1920; the school moved to its current location in the impressive and historic Strathcona Music Building (formerly the main section of Royal Victoria College) in 1972. During its 2004-05 centennial season, the Faculty added a new eight-storey building that is a world-leading facility for sound recording and music technology research.

Schulich School of Music—2010-2011 (last updated Apr. 22, 2010) (disclaimer)