Dedicated to improving the quality of life in Quebec’s rural communities, Sir William Christopher Macdonald founded the School of Agriculture, the School for Teachers and the School of Household Science at Macdonald College in Ste. Anne de Bellevue in 1906. Macdonald College opened its doors to students in 1907 and its first degrees were awarded in 1911. The School for Teachers became the Faculty of Education in 1965 and moved to the downtown campus in 1970. Currently the Macdonald Campus is home to the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, the School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition and the Institute of Parasitology. The Faculty is comprised of the Departments of Animal Science, Bioresource Engineering, Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry, Natural Resource Sciences and Plant Science. The Faculty is one of the founding members of the McGill School of Environment and is also home to the Farm Management and Technology Program. The current enrolment is over 1500 undergraduate and graduate students.