Take the bus or métro? Say goodbye to waiting in line!
You can now order your Reduced-Fare OPUS Card from Minerva
Note: With this new online feature, there will be no STM Tournée at the Downtown or Macdonald campuses.
Before ordering the card in Minerva, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Quebec mailing address and valid phone number recorded in Minerva that is not expired - your card will be mailed to this address
- Have a valid student ID card
- Be registered as a full-time McGill student, as per the table below
- Be under 65 years of age as of October 31 of the academic year
=> A $15 fee will be charged to issue the card - payable by credit card only
How to Order Your Card:
- Sign in to Minerva
- Under the Student Menu menu, select "Order your reduced-Fare OPUS Card"
- After agreeing to the terms and conditions, you will be redirected to the STM website where you will pay the $15 fee**
- Your reduced-fare OPUS Card will be mailed to you directly by the STM (allow 7 business days)
If you are not eligible to order your card in Minerva or are unable to pay by credit card,
you will need to go to the STM photo studio at Berri-UQAM metro station.
** Ensure your browser is not blocking pop-up windows as the STM site opens in a new window
Date on which you order your card
Between August 1st and December 19th
Must be full-time in both Fall and Winter semesters
Between December 20th and April 30th
Must be full-time in Winter semester
Between May 1st and July 31st
Must be full-time in Summer semester
When completing the order in Minerva, you must consent to the following information being shared with the STM:
- Preferred first name and legal last name
- Date of birth
- McGill ID number
- McGill ID photo
- Quebec mailing address
- Phone number
- Quebec Permanent Code (If one exists- if not, your order can still be processed)
- Refer to the Help file in Minerva in the 'Order your Reduced-Fare OPUS Card' form. Don’t forget to ensure your phone number and Quebec mailing address are recorded correctly.
- If you’re having trouble with Minerva, contact Service Point for assistance.
- For eligibility, payment or mailing issues, contact the STM office.
- To order a replacement for a lost or damaged card, you will need to visit the STM photo studio at Berri-UQAM metro.