Quick Links

Students Coming to McGill, Request an Exchange

Incoming Students, Request an Exchange

Incoming Students, Nomination

I'm coming to McGill! What's next?









Campus photos


  • You must be registered in a degree program at a university that has an official exchange agreement with McGill.
  • Agricultural & Environmental Sciences, Architecture, Education, Law, Music, Management and Nursing students (applicants to the School of Nursing must be from a U21 partner) must already be registered in the same degree program in their home university as they will enter as an exchange student at McGill.
    ** In general, students should always be enrolled in the same program at their home university OR present sufficient educational background in subject area
  • You must be nominated by your home university to participate in the exchange.

This guide does not apply to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program, which does not participate in the university exchange agreements. Rather, the MBA program has established a number of its own experiential activities.

The academic year: Most faculties allow students who are coming for only one term to start in either the Fall term or the Winter term. However, the Schulich School of Music strongly recommends that exchange students start in the Fall term (September).