“What information do I wish I had known prior to leaving on exchange?”
Your Exchange Experience report will be read by students participating in exchanges in the future. While drafting your report, please include the following information at the beginning of your report:
- Your name
- Your McGill faculty/department
- The institution you visited
- The year you participated in the exchange
- Visa and health insurance
- Length of time to obtain – any problems you faced
- Related suggestions
- Cost of living
- Approximate budget – your cost of living per month
- Any suggestions for cost saving
- Any particularities or peculiarities of your destination, e.g. Short daylight hours in November – Sweden
- Location of Institution
- How large is the city/town where the institution is located?
- Can you attach a city/town map?
- Can you attach a map of the institution’s campus?
- Are there recommended places to make weekend trips?
- Are there places/experiences that should be avoided?
- Suggestions of items to bring with you
- Was there anything you really missed that you can’t buy there that you would recommend people bring from Canada?
- Any special clothing requirements?
- Photographs of the institution/city for the review of future potential students
- Personal and academic benefits from participating in the exchange
- Are you willing to help exchange students coming to McGill? If so, please include your McGill e-mail address.