It is extremely important that you confirm your room reservation and pay your residence deposit before your reply-by deadline (see below).
When you are ready, log on to Minerva to:
- read and accept the room reservation agreement;
- tell us where you'd like to live by ranking your choice of hall assignments - use the Hall Ranking Worksheet on the right sidebar to order your preferences beforehand;
- tell us a little about yourself by filling out the questionnaire;
- pay your room reservation deposit of $1500.
- please note that a $30.00 residence application fee will be charged to in addition to the $1500.00, and will appear on your Minerva student fee account in September.
Shortly after the reply-by deadline, you will receive your hall confirmation detailing where you will be living next year.
If you are a first year student and were admitted to McGill before June 3rd, you must confirm before midnight (EST) June 3rd.
If you are a first year student admitted to McGill after June 3rd, or you are not a first year student, if you are offered residence accommodation your reply-by deadline will be indicated on Minerva.
Please note: accommodation will be held for you only until your reply-by deadline. The demand for residence accommodation is very high, and it is unlikely we will be able to accommodate late replies.
If you choose to cancel your room reservation after confirmation, there will be a fee.