The deadline to apply for housing for the 2017/2018 Academic Year was on June 6th, 2017.
When you are ready, log on to Minerva to:
- read and accept the Room Reservation Agreement;
- tell us where you'd like to live by ranking your choice of halls - use the Practice Hall Ranking Worksheet on the right sidebar to practice ranking your preferences beforehand;
- tell us a little about yourself by filling out the questionnaire;
- pay your room reservation deposit of $1530 by credit card.
- please note that this deposit includes a $30.00 residence application fee which is non-refundable. The $1500 deposit will appear as a credit in your Student Fee Account in September.
Shortly after the reply-by deadline, you will be notified of your hall assignment on Minerva. Please visit Hall Assignment Lottery for information on how residence halls are assigned.
If you are a first year student and were admitted to McGill before the application deadline, you must confirm residence at that time.
If you are either a first year student admitted to McGill after the deadline or an exchange/transfer student who has been offered residence accommodation, your reply-by deadline will be indicated on Minerva.
Please note: Should your residence reply-by deadline pass and you still would like to live in residences, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (514) 398-6368.
If you choose to cancel your room reservation after confirmation, there will be a cancellation penalty according to the schedule which can be found here.