The Exam Office of Enrolment Services provides exam scoring services for exams or research projects that are composed of multiple-choice questions, and submitted on black-and-white answer sheets.
Expected turnaround for exam scoring is:
- Peak periods (final and midterm exams): 3-5 working days from the date the answer sheets are received
- Non-peak periods: 2-3 working days from the date the answer sheets are received
Note that exams are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to submit an exam for scoring:
- Go to the Exam Office (3415 McTavish, Room MS-72)
- Between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- Complete an Exam Scoring Request Form
- Provide the exam answer key
- Provide the completed answer sheets
NOTE: We need an answer key for every version of the exam.
After you submit the exam, you will receive an email at your McGill email address to advise you that the exam scoring has been completed, and that statistical reports are ready for viewing and download in Minerva. To view a sample (does not contain real data) of the statistical reports, click here:
IMPORTANT: Multiple-choice exam scoring is limited to two runs:
- Your reports will be available in Minerva after the first run
- Once you have reviewed the content, you can examscoring.es [at] mcgill.ca (email) us any changes, which will be included for the second run
- Refreshed reports will be available in Minerva after the second run
Please pick up your answer sheets within two weeks after exam scoring has been completed.
Note: you must hand in the pink copy of the Exam Scoring Request form to pick up the answer sheets.
Students must use a lead pencil to mark their answers and not ink. They must blacken the entire circle and completely erase any mark they wish to change. When submitting an exam for scoring:
- Make sure the answer sheets are clean and not crumpled
- Makes sure all the answer sheets are facing the same direction (this is your responsibility)
- The answer key (the answer sheet with the correct responses) should be the first sheet(s)
You can purchase multiple-choice exam answer sheets (must have the student's 9-digit ID number) through:
Frequently Asked Questions
For any support issues, contact examscoring.es [at] mcgill.ca (Exam Scoring)
Enrolment Services Exam Office, MS-72
3415 McTavish Street
(entrance either from Service Point or McLennan Library)
E-mail: examscoring.es [at] mcgill.ca