The Dean of Students hosts an annual Student Leaders Workshop to welcome new student association executives and provide information that may be useful to them in their new leadership roles.
Various McGill presenters and resource people share their expertise on subjects ranging from university governance, to safety and security, to organizing campus events. For your convenience, the workshop agenda, as well as presentations, handouts and related resources are available below.
Overview of Student Life and Learning and University Governance
- Student Life & Learning - Deputy Provost [.pdf]
- Governance & Administration - Secretariat [.pdf]
- Risk Management & Insurance [.pdf]
- Facts about Fees 2010 [.pdf]
- The Community Action and Relations Endeavour see: C.A.R.E
- Security and Safety [.pdf]
- Planning Campus Events - SSMU's guidelines [.pdf]
- Media Relations and Student Governance [.pdf]
- Campus Events & Alcohol Permits see: Events Bookings website.
- Student Society Financial Practices [.pdf]