Student Health Services
Welcome to Student Health Services
The clinic is open to from Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:30pm, and is accessible to all current McGill students who have paid the Student Services fee. PLEASE BE SURE TO ACCESS THE CLINIC VIA THE BROWN BUILDING AS OUR PEEL DOOR IS NOW CLOSED.
Our phone line is open from 10:00-4:00pm.
For information about Health Services available at Macdonald Campus, please visit the Macdonald Campus Student Services website.
PLEASE NOTE: NO EMERGENCY DOCTOR APPOITMENTS WILL BE AVAILABE ON Friday, November 29th.
Please note that due to the implementation of a new software in the clinic, there is an increased wait time. Please arrive 20 minutes early for all pre-booked appointments.
Students are required to sign the consent form which allows us to use our electronic software. Students who don't agree to sign the consent form will not be able to use our clinic.
Please call us on MONDAY, December 16TH to book an appointment during the month of JANUARY. APPOINTMENTS CAN ONLY BE MADE BY PHONE. PLEASE CALL US AT 514-398-6017 AT 8:00AM TO BOOK APPOINTMENTS WITH A DOCTOR, NURSE or for a MASK FITTING. The services of our dietitian are unavailable until further notice.
Flu Shot Drop-In Clinics
- Wednesday November 20th from 14:30-16:00
- Friday November 22nd from 12:30-16:00
Cost: $15 cash. Free for health care students and certain students with chronic illnesses
What to bring: McGill student ID card and wear short sleeves
Please plan to wait 15 mins after the injection.
*The clinic is first-come, first-served.
Flu / Cold Symptoms
If you think you have the flu, and don’t have a fever (temperature less than 38°C or 100.4°F), but do have these symptoms:
• Sore throat • Stuffy nose• Runny nose • Cough
It’s probably a cold. Best to stay at home and rest.
If you think you have the flu, and have a fever over 38°C (100.4°F). The fever came on suddenly and is accompanied by these symptoms:
• Cough• Sore throat • Significant fatigue• Headache • Muscle aches
It’s probably the flu. Best to stay at home and rest.
If it has additional symptoms, look at the following chart to determine a course of action. http://publications.msss.gouv.qc.ca/acrobat/f/documentation/2010/10-043-03A.pdf
- 9:00-11:45am and 1:45-3:45pm
- No appointment necessary
- Only available for students with a requisition from McGill’s Health clinic
- Located in room 4508 of the Brown Building
Due to the high demand for our clinic services, students who are not present for their appointment will be charged $25.00.
Student Health Services Mission Statement
Student Health Services aims to provide comprehensive health care to students in an academic setting.
Our objectives are:
- To provide preventive and curative health care in an environment accessible to students by caregivers that are sensitive to this health group.
- To provide health education and promotion to students on campus about the issues common to this age group.
- To provide training in the field of student health for health care professionals.
- To gain knowledge of our population by fostering research