Payments from the US can be made by the following options:
CIBC International Student Pay
A new secure online portal for International Students to make arrangement for payments to McGill University in the student’s local currency. The quote and payment instructions the student receives are good for 72 hours (excluding weekends).
Benefits of the Program include:
• Enhanced Student Experience: Easily make a tuition payment in your preferred currency.
• Access to Live Foreign Exchange Rates: With CIBC International Student Pay you’ll have access to the competitive foreign exchange rates CIBC is providing to McGill University.
• End-to-End Communication: You’ll receive detailed instructions and a reference code to deliver to your local bank within 72 hours (excluding weekends). Your bank simply follows the instructions and sends the funds to your school.
There are no transaction charges from CIBC or from McGill. For more information on the program please review this document: CIBC International Student Pay
To get a quote and payment instruction please visit this site :
- Select the country you are paying from, and how much you want to transfer to McGill.
- Review the quote, and see up front what the exchange amount will be.
- Complete the required information, and make the payment by wire through your bank.
Payments will typically take 2-5 business days to be reflected in your student fee account.
Western Union GlobalPay for Students
We have partnered with Western Union Business Solutions to give international students and their families an easy, fast and affordable way to pay for tuition and other expenses. This option enables you to pay your student fees in the currency of your choice.
Using this secure online system you can:
- Pay by mobile phone.
- Get payment status updates.
- Choose from many payment methods including Unionpay,Tenpay, AliPay, SOFORT, POLIpayments, iDeal, NetBanking, and Trustly
Best of all, there are no transaction charges from Western Union or from McGill. You can refer to this document for more information: WU International Student Payments
Here’s how it works:
1. Click here to access GlobalPay for Students or click on the Western Union logo on the e-Payment Options menu in Minerva.
2. Enter your payment details.
3. Make a payment online or at your bank.
That’s it. We will post the funds to your student account as soon as they are received, which typically takes 2-5 business days.
Note: This is not a payment through Western Union Agent locations (except in the case of some payments from India). You will simply be paying into a Western Union bank account, and then Western Union transfers the funds to McGill in Canadian dollars.
E-Payment (U.S. banks)
e-Payment allows you to initiate a payment through Minerva that will debit your US bank account in USD. To subscribe to this service, you are required to sign a one-time agreement stating that McGill University may debit your bank account for the amount that you specify on a given date. You or your Guest must log into Minerva and approve a payment each time you want to make one.
Step 1: Setup e-payment with McGill
- Print and complete the agreement form found here .
- If the bank account is not in the student’s name, then the account holder must be set up with Guest access by the student in order to use this payment method.
- Return the form to Student Accounts with a cheque marked VOID*; to the contact information indicated on the form.
- Once the pre-authorized debit is set up you will be notified by email.
Step 2: Make the payment
- Log into Minerva and navigate to the e-Payments Options menu under the e-Billing and e-Payments menu (for Guests: e-Payments Options menu under e-Payment menu).
- Click on “Make a pre-authorized debit payment” on the bottom of the screen (for Guests, you will have to first select the student for which you are making a payment).
- Enter the amount that you want to pay, in Canadian dollars.
- The Payment Date will default to the current date.
You can choose a date in the future if you want to post-date the payment. The payment will not be reflected on the student’s account until this date, and your bank account will not be debited until after this date.
- Submit the payment.
Overnight, the payment request is sent by McGill to our bank (RBC).
RBC converts the payment to USD using the buy exchange rate.
Your account in the US will be debited in USD.
- Note that post-dated payments can be cancelled up until the Payment Date, on the Pending e-Payments page. Current dated payments can be cancelled as long as you can see the payment on the Pending e-Payments page.
The payment will appear on the student’s Account Summary by Term the next business day. Your bank account will be debited within 1-3 business days.Payment requests that are returned (i.e. closed account, insufficient funds, etc.) will be subject to a returned item charge. In addition, as the exchange rate will be different for the returned payment, any differences in the exchange will be charged to the student’s fee account.
The agreement may be cancelled at any time by notifying the Student Accounts Office, either by fax, by telephone or by email.
*Where a cheque is not available, another document must be provided showing the bank logo, your name, your bank account number and the bank routing/transit number. Bank statements, print-screens from an internet banking site & letters from bank employees on letterhead are acceptable documents.
Qualified Tuition Plans (529 Plan)
McGill is an eligible institution for you to use money from a 529 plan. You will need to contact your plan provider. They will either pay McGill directly, or pay you, and you can issue a payment to McGill. If they are paying McGill directly they will usually send a cheque in USD. It is very important that you ask your plan provider to include the student’s full name and ID on the cheque, as we frequently receive 529 plan cheques with no identifying information.
The cheque can be mailed to:
McGill University — Student Accounts Office
3415 McTavish Street
Once received, the payment will be converted to Canadian dollars, and applied to the student’s fee account.
We recommend that you use one of the electronic methods of payment. If this is not possible, we do accept cheques in Canadian and US dollars. The University is not responsible for mail service delivery. Postmarks on envelopes are not viewed as the received date. If a payment is received past the fee deadline indicated on your e-bill, interest and/or a Late Payment Fee will be assessed. The cheque can be mailed, along with a copy of your e-bill, to:
McGill University — Student Accounts Office
3415 McTavish Street
Montréal, Québec H3A 0C8
Cheques, money orders or bank drafts should be made payable to "McGill University" in Canadian funds. To ensure that your account is correctly credited, you must print your family name and McGill ID number on the front of the cheque or money order. If the cheque is in USD, it will be converted to Canadian dollars on the day we receive the cheque.