Request Relating to Non-Tuition Student Fees (staff only)
Mandate of Fee Advisory Committee
The Fee Advisory Committee (FAC), which is responsible to the Provost, oversees fees charged to students for a range of purposes: administrative functions; non-tuition course or program expenses; tuition fees for deregulated or self-funded programs; and fines and penalties.
The FAC evaluates requests from academic and administrative units to ensure that the fees are justifiable. To that end, the FAC considers budgets and financial statements relevant to the fees as well as the interests of the units, the University and students.
The FAC reviews and approves the annual report to the Quebec Government regarding all fees charged to students.
- Deputy Provost (Student Life and Learning)
- Assistant Vice-Principal (Financial Services)
- Director, Academic Management Office
- Director of Student Accounts
- Two student members – Undergraduate and Graduate; nominated by their student councils
In April 2009, a memorandum governing charging fees to students was circulated to all Deans, Directors and Chairs. A copy of that memorandum is attached here for your reference.
The meeting schedule for the Fee Advisory Committee is as follows:
|Dates of Meeting|
|November 10, 2014 at 3pm|
|November 20, 2014 at 10am|
|December 11, 2014 at 11am|
|January 12, 2015 at 4pm|
|February 4, 2015 at 1pm|
|March 9, 2015 at 11am|
|March 31, 2015 at 2pm|
|April 27, 2015 at 9am|
|May 20, 2015 at 4pm|
|June 9, 2015 at 11am|
|June 29, 2015 at 10am|
The Request Relating to Non-Tuition Student Fees
The Request Relating to Non-Tuition Student Fees form and instructions on completing and submitting the form can be found on the right side of this webpage.
Tips for making a fee request:
- Be prepared with the information that will be required of you.
- What you will need to know/have:
- - A description of the charge you are requesting;
- - The foapal that will be credited
- - Who is the population to be charged
- - Supporting information such as a budget detailing expenses
- - How you expect the fee to be charged – is it attached to a course, charged to all students in a particular department or program or independent of course registration?
- - For which term do you expect the fee to be implemented
- Start the process early so that there is enough time prior to a term beginning to obtain approval.
Note: Course fee request forms should be submitted at least 3 days before the next meeting in order to be addressed.